Master Kraig Hollingworth began his martial art training at the prestigious Toushi Kan Martial Art Institute under Shigeki Umemoto, Founder of Toushi Kan Martial Art Institute. Master Hollingworth trained and competed as a member of the Toushi Kan full contact fighting team, which won many state, national and world titles. Today, Master Hollingworth is a senior member of the Toushi Kan Martial Art Institute. In 1990, Master Hollingworth began studying with Grand Master Jerry Cook and Grand Master Jinheng Li researching and studying various Chinese martial arts. In 1991, Master Hollingworth began teaching for Young Champions of America, teaching over 1300 students throughout Phoenix. In 1995, Master Hollingworth moved to Kansas City to teach and expand the Young Champions Martial Art programs. While living in Kansas City, Master Hollingworth studied Kendo under Doshu Shiro Shintaku at the International Ryukyu Kemp Headquarters. In 1998, Master Hollingworth moved to Denver Colorado to continue his work expanding Young Champions of America. While directing in Colorado, Master Hollingworth authored The Karate Workbook, which has sold over 100,000 copies. In 2004, Master Hollingworth created and published Project S.A.F.E. Shield, an A-Z abduction prevention and anti-bully program, which is now being taught in 16 states. Currently, Master Hollingworth is the Director of Young Champions of America and oversees operations in 7 states.
- 29 Years of Martial Arts Experience
- 6/19/13 - Inducted into United Martial Arts Hall of Fame
- 8/28/11 Awarded 8th Degree Black Belt Secret Society
- 4/22/10 Promoted 5th Degree Black Belt Toushi Kan Martial Arts Institute
- 8/23/08 Awarded 6th Degree Black Belt Mixed Martial Arts
- 8/23/08 Honorary 6th Degree Black Belt Secret Society
- 1/15/06 Master Instructor Certificate - Hanshi Cheif Instructor Young Champions of America
- 1/10/02 Awarded 5th Degree Black Belt The World Martial Arts Institute
Primary Teachers & Mentors
- Kancho Shigeki Umemoto - 9th Degree Founder/President of Toushi Kan Martial Art Academy
- Grand Master Jerry Cook - 9th Degree Black Dragon Fighting Society & Pierce Family Combat Method.
- Doshu Shiro Shintaku - Founder of Ten Shin Inshi Ryu
- Grand Master Jinheng Li - Senior Beijing Wushu Team Member, Grandmaster of Wushu & Tai Chi World Martial Art Institute